The PDO Thread Lift procedure safely and instantly lifts up loose skin on the face, neck and the body with minimal downtime.
Thread Lift is one the most effective ways to lift the loose skin without surgery. As we age, the effects of gravity become more noticeable on our faces, especially as our facial support structure weakens and we lose facial fat. The areas that are generally affected are the eyebrows, areas around the eyes, the cheeks, the jowls and the neck. The result is a longer, more square-shaped and older-looking face.
Traditionally, most people would look into plastic surgery to get a facelift as there weren’t very effective noninvasive treatments to lift the loose skin. However, now there is an effective nonsurgical option that can lift and contour and suspend the sagging tissues on the face, neck and the body, especially for those that need only minimal to moderate rejuvenation or for those that do not wish to undergo surgical intervention.
Who Is A Good Candidate For PDO Thread Lift?
For the right candidate, the Thread Lift can provide a pleasing, natural rejuvenation of the face with the benefit of no general anesthesia, rapid recovery and very minimal cost compared to a facelift or a necklift. Thread Lift may be combined with other, more minor surgical procedures, such as Botox, Injectable Fillers, Ultherapy, microneedling or skin resurfacing lasers.
Ideal candidates for thread lifts include:
- People with minimal signs of aging who need just a small lift. Good candidates are those patients who are starting to see some droopiness of the brow, cheeks, jowls and/or neck and would like to see a lift effect, but do not want the risk, scars, or recovery of a real browlift, facelift, or necklift operation.
- People who have had some relapse from a previous plastic surgery procedure such as a facelift or neck lift.
- People who do not wish to undergo a surgical facelift or necklift for various reasons such as not wanting a prolonged recovery of a stand facelift or do not wish to spend money on an expensive facelift.
Which Areas Can Be Treated With The PDO Threads?
Most popular treatment areas are the brows, cheeks (mid-face), jowls, and the upper neck. However, Thread Lift can be performed virtually anywhere on the body, such as to lift loose skin on the upper arms, stomach, thighs and around the knees.
How Is The PDO Thread Lift Performed?
- The areas to be treated will be numbed with topical as well as local anesthetic.
- The areas to be treated are then marked.
- The threads are then inserted under the skin in precise locations using a small hollow needle to lift and support droopy elements without removing any skin. The inserted thread is then able to grasp onto the droopy skin and soft tissue to reposition the skin. This requires no cuts or incisions. It’s purely done by injections.
- With the lift effect secured, the hollow needle is removed without leaving any scars.
- Depending on the desired effect of the lift, few to several sutures will be used.
The PDO suture remains underneath the skin. Different sutures and lengths will be used depending upon the area(s) you need lifted.
Ready to find out more?
Call us TODAY!